My word for 2022 is ‘Simplicity’.
Like most of us, I have experienced a great deal of change and adjustment in the past couple of years. As part of reflecting, I ask myself 2 questions:
- Where have I been?
- Where do I want to go?
In that assessment, I have realized the importance of simplifying my days to make room for the things that truly matter to me. My vision for 2022 is centered around the decision I have made for myself that this will be the year of simplicity.
Now that we are at the end of the first quarter of the year, I have assembled a list of 10 impactful changes I’ve made that are quick and relatively effortless. Making the choice to implement change and develop new, healthier habits has made a significant difference in my every day.
Here is my current list (subject to grow and evolve):
- Turn off notifications after a set time. Admitted, not the easiest task.
- Keep what is meaningful and useful. Get rid of the rest.
- Schedule downtime. Rest.
- Implement a morning routine that works right now.
- Complete all yearly screenings and doctor’s appointments the first quarter of the year.
- Plan weekly meals in advance.
- Carry a bottle of water everywhere.
- Think before you say yes or commit to participate in anything.
- Unsubscribe to emails that do not get read.
- Create a one-page map of the day.
One final thought that may sound obvious but at times easily forgotten: Breathe. Take a moment to take several deep breaths; return to a place of calm feeling centered and serene.
If you have developed effective ways to simplify in 2022, let me know in a comment or a DM on my IG @onelittlenote. You can also contact me here. Looking forward to evolving this list as the year progresses!