September has a color.
It lives somewhere between mauve and sunset-gold sparking memories of an end-of-summer young love. Or, maybe those late evening dinners sitting outside by the water with good friends who have become family. The warm sunlight in September holds a special place in the ‘seasonal colorwheel’ of my mind.
I am taking note of the little changes around me- the earthy tones that inspire my artistic side this time of year. The unique sounds of the ocean calm me and the ever-present artists of my life continue to involve me with offering new discoveries as I revisit them.
I have gathered some of the visuals that currently inspire me as the seasons begin to change, even in Florida.
Here is my dreamy collection for September…
- Amedeo Modigliani’s drawing of Anna A. in Paris. ‘You are obsessively part of me‘- he wrote to her.
- Dior Eyeshadow Palette– The shades of brown with a highlight… feel rich, sensual, and feminine.
- My favorite sculpture from the Galleria Borghese in Roma of Apollo and Daphne by Gian Lorenzo Bernini– A crucial moment of change and emotion captured.
- Banana Republic colors and fabrics shot in Venice, Italy for Fall- ‘A Tale of Romance’ is quite the escape- bringing back the sweetest memory of my first time in this magic city.
- Mix and matching of the leather, the cuff, ‘Artic Blue Sky’ color of the shirt dress- gives me a feel of Autumn that translates to Florida living.
- My photograph of a bird flying over the deep blue ocean water of the Atlantic at a nearby beach; fluffy, white clouds in the distance– soothing.
- Minimalist quotes, words that each have significance…may have found it in a lovely Dior ad.
- Delicate white petals that could be porcelain.
Have you ever created a seasonal, inspirational or brand moodboard for your home or business? Would love to hear about your process or experience. Feel free to comment below or a DM on my IG @onelittlenote. You can also contact me here.
Leave a Reply